Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
We would like to encourage customers to email us on email@example.com
Should you wish to get a statement, request a settlement or download contractual documents, you can obtain the information by logging onto your account via our online portal, MyAccount.
If you were unable to get the necessary information via email or our online portal, you can contact us on 0861 257 437. We are experiencing higher than usual call volumes and request your patience and understanding during this time.
Working hours are still Monday to Friday 08:00 to 17:00.
We are not offering customers a full payment holiday across the board. However, if you are directly affected by COVID-19 and you are concerned that you may not be able to meet your financial obligations, you may complete the Payment Relief Request form below.
COVID-19 Payment Relief Request
Your request will be assessed based on the merits of the case.
Taking a payment holiday does not mean that the payment or interest due by you will be waived. It assist you by deferring your current payment obligation into the remaining term of your agreement. This deferment still attracts interest and the full capital under the agreement is still payable by you, resulting in higher payments for the remainder of the contract. A payment holiday should only be taken if absolutely required. Our agents will advise you of the impact on your contract before altering the contract.
At this stage, Natis documents cannot be collected, however, we can have these delivered to you. Please contact ALPHERA Customer Services on 0861 257 437 or firstname.lastname@example.org to effect the necessary arrangements for the documents to be couriered to yourself.
- You (the applicant) need to be a South African citizen or have a valid permit to live and work in South Africa.
- You (the applicant) need to have a valid South African driver's licence. International driver’s licenses can be accepted with certain conditions attached.
- You (the applicant) need to supply comprehensive proof of income.
- You (the applicant) need to have a clear credit record.
- You (the applicant) need to earn a Gross Monthly Income in excess of R10 000 per month.
- The amount financed needs to be more than R50 000.
- The age of the vehicle at the end of the contract term must not exceed 12 years.
- Your original ID document, original driver′s licence and proof of income.
- Proof of comprehensive insurance.
- Any other documents as requested for at the approval stage.
We will finance any vehicle currently financed with us, or, if the seller or buyer is a good existing client of ALPHERA Financial Services, MINI Financial Services or BMW Financial Services.
ALPHERA Financial Services finances all new and used leading car and motor bike brands that comply with below mentioned criteria:
- The total age of the car at the end of the contract term must not exceed 12 years.
- GVM (Gross Vehicle Mass) must not exceed 4 000 kg’s.
- The vehicle must not be registered as a “Code 3 or 4” on the eNaTIS system.
- Completed Company Application.
- Completed Individual Finance Application for owners and shareholders.
- Copy of valid ID document and driver′s licence.
- Proof of business address (utility account).
- Company Registration documents.
- Latest Annual Financial Statements.
- Latest 3 months bank statements in the company name.
In line with the announcement by The National Treasury of a 1% increase in VAT (value-added tax) from 14% to 15% effective 1 April 2018, the monthly service fee will be adjusted from R57.00 to R57.50 or from R68.40 to R69.00 depending on the start date of your finance agreement. Accordingly, your monthly instalment will be adjusted. Please do not hesitate to get in touch on 0861 257 437 or Customer.Service@alpherafinance.co.za should you have any further enquires.
In line with the announcement by The National Treasury of a 1% increase in VAT (value-added tax) from 14% to 15% effective 1 April 2018, the monthly service fee will be adjusted, accordingly, your monthly instalment will be adjusted. Please do not hesitate to get in touch on 0861 257 437 or Customer.Service@alpherafinance.co.za should you have any further enquires.
You may settle your agreement prior to the initial expiry date on your contract, however depending on the contract type and size, you may be required to pay up to 90 days’ worth of early termination penalty interest – this is governed by the National Credit Act.
ALPHERA Financial Services’ finance payment calculation uses 12 (twelve) equal periods per year, i.e. 30/360 per period which is being applied to the early termination charge calculations. This calculation is in line with the National Credit Act, No. 34 of 2005.
You have 3 options:
- Collection (turnaround time of 24-48 hours)
- Courier (fee of R50.32)
- Registered mail
Please e-mail your request to customer.service@ALPHERAfinance.co.za with your preferred option together with an address of where the documents are to be sent. Company requests must be on an official letterhead if the account is in the company name.
Yes, a cross-border letter must be obtained. A written request must be sent to Customer.Service@ALPHERAfinance.co.za stating the following:
- The country to be visited.
- Date of departure and return.
- The latest proof of insurance confirming cover outside South Africa (and the countries that are to be visited) and dates of cover.
Please note that a 72-hour turnaround time is applicable and the account must be at least 6 months old and up to date. Extreme circumstances will be considered however subject to approval.
Yes, additional payments can be made and used to reduce the instalment, term or residual. However, the client must confirm in writing how the specified funds must be allocated and declare the source of funds (FICA Anti-Money Laundering regulation). Please note that the adjustment is subject to the deal structure. There are no penalties for making additional payments.